Sunday 16 July 2017

10:06:00

Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi, wife of the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) speaks to Punch about her pet projects and life in the palace.

 

 

 

How has it been transiting from a normal life to royalty?

It has been fairly smooth. The important thing is that I am married to my husband. Even if he is a royal, that doesn’t change the fact that he is still my husband. Of course, certain things are different and there are certain expectations. But overall, no two lives or homes are the same. We just accept our peculiarities like everyone else and live with it.

What are the challenges you face as a queen?

There are no challenges attached to being a queen. If anything, there are privileges and I am grateful. Sometimes, I like going to the market to shop because I love being around regular people. We learn so much about life through them. Life is such a long stretch of time and as much as I can, I try to live a normal life.

What do you consider to be the most fulfilling aspect of being the queen of Ife?

The fact that I have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people and women is quite fulfilling. Playing several roles in people’s lives is a big responsibility and the only time I feel fulfilled is when I see great results.

You wear only white attire. Does this have anything to do with your royal status?

Wearing white is significant to me on a personal level. I wear white not because I am married to the Ooni who also wears white. It is just coincidence. White signifies purity and I consider that to be momentous.

How do you unwind in spite of your busy schedule?

A very good book comes in handy. I also like ‘thinking on paper,’ writing down my ideas and strategising all by myself. It helps me to settle all the confusion and remove the stress of facing so many things head on. I also ensure that I spend time with my family.

How do you stay in shape and maintain a flawless look?

I do everything in moderation. Even though I love good food, I am picky. My schedule does not allow me to exercise as much as I would love to but I try to restrain myself from doing things that would affect my physique. Above all, I just live.

How will you describe being married to the Ooni of Ife?

Before any other thing, being married to the Ooni of Ife means I am his support system in addition to being his spouse. It means taking the responsibility of being a voice for the voiceless. It also means an opportunity to be a part of history, and contribute positively to people’s future

 

The post Why Olori Wuraola Wears Only White Outfits Is Amazing appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2tZ5PlO
via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment