Saturday 3 March 2018

07:23:00

British-Nigerian heavyweight boxer Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua has been branded as ‘misogynistic’  after he admitted to treating his son Joseph differently from his niece.

According to The Metro UK , the backlash came after a year-old interview resurfaced online where the world heavyweight champion said he is not strict with his son because of his gender. In the March 2017 GQ interview, the 28-year-old said that he wants his son to ‘spread his wings’ but that he is ‘stricter’ with his niece.

‘I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why,’ he said.’But with my niece I’m strict. I think it is because she is older, but also he’s a boy – he’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings, be a Jack-the-lad, build his character.’ He added: ‘But I am sure there are things I will be strict about. But with my niece, there is none of that Jack-the-lad nonsense for her!’

Read: British-Nigerian Actor John Boyega Says His Girlfriend Must Have A Particular Characteristic And This Is It

‘My view is you have to be a good woman, respectful, one day you will be someone’s wife, you have to learn family morals… what it is to be a good woman.’ His comments did not go down well with fans on Twitter who slammed the boxer for his viewpoint.

 

 

The post British-Nigerian Boxer Anthony Joseph Is Being Called A ‘Sexist’ Because Of This Remark He Made About His Niece appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2tgFi6W

0 comments:

Post a Comment