Wednesday 25 July 2018

01:02:00
Demi Lovato Suffers Overdose, Rushed To Hospital As Celebrities Show Support

Demi Lovato Suffers Overdose, Rushed To Hospital As Celebrities Show Support

Demi Lovato was yesterday rushed to hospital in Los Angeles after she was found unconscious at her Hollywood Hills home following a reported heroin overdose.

The 25-year-old American pop star and actress who has been candid about her struggles with cocaine abuse and self-harm, was treated with the emergency drug Narcan, TMZ reported.

Reports that emerged following her hospitalization is that she is recuperating fine.

A spokesman for Lovato said: “Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support.

“Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy and not speculation as her health and recovery is the most important thing right now.”

Meanwhile, several celebrities have shown their support for the former judge on American X Factor with the hashtag #PrayForDemi trended on Twitter.

Celebrities including Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres, Missy Elliott, Ariana Grande, Brad Paisley, Kesha, Bebe Rexha, Meghan Trainor, Maren Morris, Kehlani and British electronic group Clean Bandit, whose current single “Solo” features Lovato.

@ladygaga tweeted, “We should all wrap our arms of love around Demi Lovato. I am so happy you’re alive. Thank God. If I know my monsters as well as I believe I do, we all wish you self-compassion and inner peace. And may you receive the love so many have for you. #ImConfidentInDemi Demi, I love you.”

@TheEllenShow also wrote on Twitter: “I love @DDLovato so much. It breaks my heart that she is going through this. She is a light in this world, and I am sending my love to her and her family.”

@MissyElliott also joined in with a word of prayer: “Sending Prayers for Demi Lovato you just never know what people are going through so please have compassion & no jokes🙅🏾 but let’s be encouraging so she will get the help she needs❤️🙏🏾

@ArianaGrande simply wrote, “I love u @DDlovato”

@BradPaisley tweeted, “My friend @ddlovato is one of the kindest, most talented people I’ve ever met. Praying for her right now, addiction is a terrifying disease. There is no one more honest or brave than this woman.”

The post Demi Lovato Suffers Overdose, Rushed To Hospital As Celebrities Show Support appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News https://ift.tt/2Lp5rsQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment