Saturday 17 February 2018

05:04:00

Olomi hit singer, Tosin Martins is coming out after years of inaction in the music industry. The singer in a candid interview with Punch’s Saturday Beats revealed that the reason why he was AWOL was because he realized other music evolved and it just stopped being about that kind of sound.

He said, “I went quiet after releasing ‘Olomi’ because other music evolved and it just stopped being about that kind of sound. There is a Naija pop sound that is dominant and radio gives them a priority. I am not that kind of artiste. I can collaborate with them and bring that kind of sound into my genre but the reality is that it is not my kind of sound. You have to be true to yourself. It is that whole process of being true to yourself and remaining relevant that caused my silence in the industry.”

The artiste also put down the misconception about him being a gospel singer. he said he is an inspirational singer not a gospel singer.

He further highlighted what he loved about collaborating with ‘secular’ artistes.

He explained,”What I appreciate from secular artistes is friendship and relationship and not what they stand for. There are some subjects that are bigger than a particular faith. Love impacts everyone irrespective of their faith. You cannot say that Tiwa Savage is not capable of love, so I would feature her because she loves; she has had her own travails and challenges. It is the same thing with M.I and anyone else as far as I know that we click on the subject. If we have to sing for a cause like HIV/AIDS, for instance, I would definitely collaborate with the secular artistes. For instance, we just did a song for the awareness of drug abuse and I collaborated with secular artistes.”

Tosin Martins had staged a concert on Valentine’s day after 5 years to continue in his work. He also cited the reason behind he not putting up a concert saying,”Honestly, I cannot tell you why I have not staged a concert in five years but I have been quite busy with travelling and touring. It is also quite expensive to put concerts together. I could have done something bigger looking at my level but I put this together and made it quite small because I had not staged a concert in a long time.”

Read: Kanu Nwakwo’s Wife, Amara Shares Experience As A Young Mother On Son’s 13th Birthday

Tosin Martins was able to perform with his idol Ebenezer Obey and he spoke about the experience. He called it a special moment because Obey had honored him with his presence especially to his mum who was a big fan of Ebenezer Obey.

The post Inspirational Singer, Tosin Martins Reveals Why He Disappeared From The Limelight appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2CqKRis

0 comments:

Post a Comment