Tuesday 29 August 2017

11:36:00

Maria Okanrende, fondly known as ‘Maria Okan’, is best known as the morning show co-host on Lagos’ urban radio station, The Beat 99.9.

She also hosts her own fashion and lifestyle show on YouTube, ‘Maria’s Matters’, where she has interviewed a variety of celebrities, including Yemi Alade, Cynthia Morgan, and the classic man himself, Jidenna.

Beat FM’s On-Air Personality, Maria Okanrende shares her funniest encounters in Lagos and her favorite things to do in the city in a quick Q & A with SCHICK Magazine. Maria also dishes on her love of food and coin collecting wherever she goes.

Read excerpts below:

What’s your Lagos morning routine?

Well, at 4 am, I’m up in preparation for the morning show at the Beat 99.9FM. On a normal day, I wake up, check my emails, messages, brush my teeth and get dressed. I watch a bit of CNN or Sky News. I drink lemon-infused water, read a Bible verse and get in my car to work.

What’s your earliest Lagos memory?

My earliest and fondest memory about Lagos was the food! The first time I came to Lagos I was 14 years old, and I just remember having so much food! One time when I visited my grandparents, I ate like 4 plates of egg and plantain back to back in the same sitting!

Funniest thing a taxi driver in Lagos has said to you?

It was a Taxify driver who said, “I love your lips, your eyes, and your teeth, where did you get it from?”

Do you collect anything? If so, what?

I collect food. Okay seriously, I collect books. I’ve got a stack at home that I’ve finished reading. From time to time, I give them away. I also like collecting coins of various currencies.

The post Fun Facts About Media Personality, Maria Okanrende appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2gmIEPE
via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment