Thursday 25 January 2018

06:41:00

 

basketmouth17

Robbery has always been a thing of concern in Nigeria and even our celebrities are not immune as they are often the targets of armed robbers.

Because of the level of security in the country, some Nigerian Celebrities have fallen victims to men of the night.

Stargist.com brings you 10 Nigerian celebrities who have been attacked.

1. Basketmouth

basketmouth17

Ace Nigerian comedian, Basketmouth was robbed at gunpoint in his home in Lekki on September, 7, 2016. Valuables were taken including the CCTV device. Though no member of the comedian’s family was hurt.

2. Bovi Ugboma

bovireal3

A few months ago, Comedian Bovi, Basketmouth’s bosom friend and colleague recounted how he was robbed of his wristwatch and bracelet on an airplane.

He shared this on snapchat.

bovi-robbed3

3. Seyi Law

seyi law

Comedian Seyilaw narrowly escaped death by gunmen sometime this year at Apongbon in Lagos after his car broke down. The hoodlums who were armed with knives made away with phones and money after attacking the jester and his friend.

4. Jennifer Eliogu

jennifer-eliogu-latest

Nollywood actress, Jennifer Eliogu was robbed at gunpoint in April 2016, somewhere in Lagos. Narrating the her ordeal with the men of the underworld, the role interpreter wrote on Facebook:

‘I write with a heart filled with gratitude to God for his mercies are unending. I had a terrible experience with the men of the underworld on Sunday night,they blocked my vehicle on Ojuelegba bridge, a Honda Accord in front, a small ash colored car behind, four armed men, three of them got into my car, letting their previous victim go while they drove off with me in the passenger seat and the other small car trailing behind.

‘My Girlfriend who was driving in front of me, noticed there was a problem and tried to confront them, the scared of their Gun. They drove to an ATM machine, asked for my pin and withdrew as much as limit permitted on both my accounts, they took my tones and jewelries, the little cash I had in my purse and then used my car to block another victim, leaving me on the bridge to find my way.

‘The last two days have beenn very traumatic for me as I’m still in shock. If not for God, I refuse to imagine what could have happened. Vicky had made reports at different police stations, luckily I blocked off my line but it seems that somehow, they might try to get in touch with persons on my phone list, whatsApp and Imo, pls if u are on my contact list on either and u receive messages supposedly from me,pls call me for confirmation’

5 Fred Amata

fred-amata-robbed

 

Directors Guild of Nigeria (DGN) president, Fred Amata was robbed at gun point in front of his house gate and his car, a Metallic Grey Lexus 470 SUV with license plates AGL 414 CU was taken including his phones and personal belongings on June, 25, 2016.

6 Laolu Akintobi

laolu-akintobi-robbed

Veteran music producer, Laolu Akintobi took to Facebook to share his own experience with the robbers saying, ‘Alert! My phone plus some amount of money were stolen this afternoon (at gun point) by the bad boys (about 5 of them) of Mile 2 between Festac 2nd gate and Mile 2 bus stop.

Please be on the lookout and not fall victim to fraudsters claiming to be me or using the information on the phones for dubious intentions. I was really shocked but am fine now.’

7. John Okafor aka Mr Ibu

The latest celebrity to have his house robbed by armed robbers is the actor, John Okafor popularly known as Mr Ibu. The actor’s house was invaded by gunmen in January 2018 while the actor was away. According to his wife who was home when the sad event took place, the robbers made away with valuables and money to the tune of N14M. Two suspects have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command over the robbery incident.

8. Tuface Idibia

This was one of the most talked about stories in 2005 when the music icon, 2Face was robbed at his residence. It was reported that armed robbers stormed his home late in the night and robbed him and the occupants of his house at gunpoint. The gist then was that quite a number of mobile phones were taken from the house with an undisclosed amount of money.

 9. Nkem Owoh

Nkem Owoh’s home was robbed in Enugu by in 2012. Even though the actor wasn’t home when the incident happened, a number of valuables were stolen from his house including his SUV, laptop and video cameras.

10. Mr 2kay

Mr 2Kay was robbed at gun point in his hotel room at Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, LagosThe incident happened at about 11 PM on Sunday, October 22, 2017, during the “Buckwyld N Breathless” concert where he also performed. The robbers, 4 in number were said to have gained access into Mr 2Kay’s room after he mistook one of them for room service. They forced their way into the room and waved a gun with threats to shoot him if he made any noise.  They tied the singer’s arms, legs and mouth and took his valuables including jewelry, clothes, perfumes, phones, and money.

 

The post 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Been Attacked By Men Of The Underworld appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2GhY3JQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment