Wednesday 31 May 2017

05:18:00

Music superstar Tiwa Savage has come a long way since her X Factor days. The Afrobeat singer and songwriter now has a certified place amongst leading artists in the West African pop genre and for the latest edition of A Nation of Billions, the All Over singer talks candidly about ‘The Diary of Tiwa Savage’.

The mum met with A Nation of Billion’s Akua Ofei in her Central London hotel suite where she talked about her journey as an artist and music so far.

Oh, my goodness X Factor was bittersweet, she says with a small laugh when I ask about her time on the show.

“It was a heartbreaking experience at that time. Obviously, because I didn’t get through – I think I got eliminated just before the final 10, and I was heartbroken. But then, I say sweet because I feel like if I’d gotten through I probably wouldn’t be doing the type of music I’m doing now. I probably would be doing strictly Pop music or R’n’B music. So I think God knew what He was doing.

Spending her early years honing her craft in the UK and US, Tiwa talks on becoming the artist that she is right now.

It was a situation where I got a glimpse of what was to come and I was able to go back and really prepare myself. I always say this: ‘Opportunity favours the prepared’ – I don’t know if I was prepared mentally then. And also, I had to really go back. Go to Berklee College of Music, learn music. Moved to America, learned how to write songs. Worked with a lot of amazing artists that I’ve always looked up to – all my life and that’s where I discovered the buzz that was happening in Africa because when I was in America, everyone would say ‘Tiwa, where are you from?’ And I’d tell them oh, I’m from Nigeria and they’d say “wow!”

They were so fascinated by the music, the culture and I was like why am I trying to do something else when these people are interested in what’s going on in Africa? And that’s when I moved back [to Nigeria from America] so it all adds up. I’m glad I actually didn’t get through on X Factor but at the same time, if you’d asked me I probably would have ripped your head off at the time. You know, sometimes when you go into situations and this door is shutting, and this door is shutting and that door – it forces you to look inward because you can’t get what you thought you needed at that time, it forces you to reevaluate yourself.

 

The post Tiwa Savage Opens Up On Her Heartbreaking Experience At X-Factor And Journey In The Entertainment Industry appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2rnFoqM
via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment