Sunday 26 February 2017

04:07:00

Sola Sobowale is a veteran yoruba actress who became very popular when she starred in Wale Adenuga’s Super Story where she played the role of Toyin Tomato.

In an Interview with punch.ng, the ace thespian talks about her career, family and other things.

See excerpts:

Which of your movies would you say brought you into the limelight?

All my movies have been wonderful and people love them. It is not by my power though, but the grace of God. However, it was Toyin Tomato that took me outside the shores of Nigeria, and I’m thankful to Wale Adenuga for giving me the opportunity. I’ve been invited to many countries on the strength of that job.

 

What’s your personality like off camera?

I’m a very principled person. I am not diplomatic, and I call a spade a spade. With me, what you see is what you get. I’m also down-to-earth, easy and homely. I’m a mother and I don’t joke with my family. I also don’t joke with my God.

 

What price have you had to pay for fame?

It made me know people and have more friends. I’m so happy because I’m well-loved.

 

How have you been able to stay relevant in the movie industry after all these years?

It’s not possible to do it by oneself. It is my father in heaven that is keeping me.

What would you regard as the most memorable moment of your career?

I’m just starting; I’ve not even done anything as far as I’m concerned.

But there must be some moments you look back to with nostalgia?

There are many of them. Toyin Tomato, Asewo to re Mecca, Wedding Party, and so many others. You haven’t seen anything yet from me, and in 2017, I’m stepping up.

Which of the younger generation of actors reminds you of yourself?

Genevieve Nnaji is like a daughter to me and I don’t joke with her; I also like Bimbo Akintola, Shan George, Faithia Balogun, Funke Akindele, Bimbo Oshin, and Ronke Oshodi-Oke. Honestly, they are so many of them. It’s very important to know how to handle fame.

Apart from acting, what are your other interests?

I love being a mother and seeing my children. In a year, I can count the number of parties I attend, but when it comes to my children and elderly ones, I don’t joke with them. I also design my clothes myself.

Have you ever thought of launching your own clothing line?

I did that years back and Eucharia Anunobi used to model my clothes. It’s still in me though, and my daughter also designs clothes too.

Has any of your children taken after you?

One of my daughters acted in a TV series, Everyday People, some years back. My children also write the scripts for all the movies I produce. However, I don’t choose careers for my children, rather I ask God to guide them.

Have you ever wished to act in a Hollywood movie?

Of course, who wouldn’t want to do that? I know I’m still going to get there.

What does style mean to you?

Wearing something that makes you comfortable and beautiful, that’s all.

What fashion items do you like the most?

They’re several of them;bags, shoes, dresses, jewellery, perfumes, and my hair.

What can you never be caught wearing?

I can never walk naked.

What about miniskirts?

I love them so much, and I still wear them.

It was once reported that you work as a support staff for elderly people in England, is that true?

There are a lot of things people don’t know about Sola Sobowale that will be made known soon. I know that people are anxious to know what I’ve been up to. Some people said I was jailed, some said my head was cut off. Some even said I was washing corpses. Don’t be in a hurry for the truth will be revealed soon.

Do you think there’s tribal discrimination in Nollywood?

I don’t know because I’ve not experienced it. Before travelling to the United Kingdom, I spent a lot of time in Enugu shooting movies, and the producers were Igbo people. They love me, and I was well taken care of.

People believe you’re a no-nonsense person…

I’m a principled person and I don’t take rubbish.

But you must have soft spot for something?

Yes, I love children.I also love helping people who are in need, especially disabled persons.

Did you move to UK because of your children?

Yes.

Considering that they’re all grown, will you be moving back to Nigeria soon?

Yes, I stay more in Nigeria now. I only go to the UK for holidays now.

The post ‘I Love Wearing Miniskirts’ – Sola Sobowale appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.



from Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News http://ift.tt/2mrxQ1s
via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment